Author Topic: 0103-0104: It leave’s my lips and fingers shiny  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Clovasaurus

• Administrator
  • Full Chonillian
  • Is that funny? Should we be laughing at that?
    • Chonilla.com
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:02:53 PM by Clovasaurus »
Follow me on twitter @Clovasaurus

SayDatAgain

Re: 0103-0104: It leave’s my lips and fingers shiny
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • I am so glad you guys are back weekly cause I thought I was gonna have a mental breakdown at work. Keep you the good work guys

Offline Clovasaurus

• Administrator
    • Full Chonillian
      • Chonilla.com
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks Karen, to be honest we're still trying to get our act together and we just kinda get on the mic when we can. Maybe someday we'll get structured like you guys :)

Offline Mudslinger11

• Noob Chonillian
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • Great show as usual! I had one question about hunting and guns. I wanted to take up a new hobby, but im not sure what type of gun to purchase. Im generally cheap so I would like to have a rifle/ pistol also used for home protection. You rarely talk about hunting details and I'd like to increase my man-cabulary in that arena. Cho and Nilla, please help!
    Also, if archery is respected more please let me know what is a good product or bow type to get started on. I read about long bows and recurves and I love the outdoors channel, but I have no clue how to get started.
    Thanks Nilla! Much love to you too Cho!
    Feel free to follow me on twitter @mudslinger11.  Please support chonilla and keep me entertained.

Offline Clovasaurus

• Administrator
    • Full Chonillian
      • Chonilla.com
    « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks Mudsligner11 for the feedback! I'll also be dressing this on our upcoming show :)

Hunting and target shooting is a great hobby to take up. Not sure where you are located but I'm assuming North America and for the most part there are gun laws that cover this entire part of the continent. Although they can vary a lot, the number one thing you want to do is get to know your local gun laws. In Canada, it's Legal to fire a gun in designated areas without any training or safety course, as long as you are accompanied by registered gun owner. This means I could take my son or friends hunting and they could use Firearms that I own. The only reason Canadians ever need to register themselves and their guns with the government is when we want to own them and store them. We are scrutinized thoroughly when it comes to gun ownership. On the type of gun to purchase, go cheap at first, you will get what you pay for and the gun will less likely be accurate but none the less it will be an inexpensive way to see if this hobby is for you. There are a lot of forum websites dedicated to the sale and Trading of firearms. A good friend of mine owns quit a few but cycles them by trading over the internet (When we would go to the range he would always have something new to try out). I am not knowledgeable in the realm of where to get started in the area of bow hunting but try to find a sporting goods store that has a bow hunter on staff to help steer you in the right direction. The brand names are just that brand names, usually the more you pay the more solid the quality.

I own a pistol for target shooting. I plan to get into practical shooting (IPSC) sometime soon. A rifle for hunting, and a shotgun for trap shooting.

Here's what I would recommend just to get started. once you get the ball rolling you will see just how far the rabbit hole goes. Guns can get pretty nerdy.
    1. Find out your local gun laws. <-- very important. In Canada they are intolerant to ignorance. (Your gun, your fault. kinda attitude.)
    2. Check out some local gun ranges. Firearms enthusiasts are very friendly and willing to share their knowledge and personal opinions.
    3. Go through the training you need to become a legal gun owner.
    4. Buy a cheap gun you can learn with.
    5. Research a little on making your own bullets, I would strongly recommend this as you can make any gun you purchase as accurate as it can be. This can get expensive. ;)

If you have any further questions don't hesitate... I love this shit!

Facebook Comments